maandag 1 juni 2009

Italian knot bread




Unfortunately I did not make these rolls on time to participate to the previous challenge of the Bread Baking Babes, but I like to bake these rolls anyway.

You can find the recipe on Ilva's web log Lucullian Delights -an Italian Experience-, the host of this blog event, but also on the blogs of the other eleven Babes. I followed the recipe on Lien's web log, Notitie van Lien.

The recipe calls for lard. Instead of lard I used unsalted butter. Another substitute is shortening, which I do have in the fridge, but I was afraid I would miss to much flavor when adding this instead of lard.

The final dough was a very nice smooth dough to handle. The toughest part in making these rolls for me was to form the rolls. Of course I have put the most beautiful rolls at the front of my photo, but the first rolls I formed were nothing like it :-D

I liked these rolls very much. The taste, crust and texture were excellent. Sure I will bake these rolls more often.

3 opmerkingen:

Ilva zei

They look so good! Thanks for joining us, I hope you continue baking with us!

Karen Baking Soda zei

Hey! Mooie knopen Gea! Leuk dat je deze ook gebakken hebt, bij ons was iedereen ook super enthousiast over de smaak.
Great baking, gorgeous knots, wonderful that you joined us in baking!

Lien zei

Volgens mij nog wel op tijd. Lekkere broodjes hè, ik ga ze deze week voor de 4e keer bakken!
Thanks for joining us getting all knotty.